Saturday, May 22, 2010

4 Years Later

How time has flown by! The World Cup is almost upon us again. 4 years ago Kris and I, along with our good friends the Wengers were getting ready to head over to Germany to experience the sports thrill of a lifetime, the greatest sports event in the world - the World Cup!

To the rest of the world the World Cup is the Super Bowl, World Series, Stanley Cup, and NBA Championship rolled into one. Really, thats how big it is. Country against country - competition at the highest level in a sport played literally around the world. No other sport I can think of can say that.

We Americans just don't realize how important this tournament is. Countries go nuts over the results. EVERYBODY seems to care.

The photo above is of some happy and party-loving Italians and me. It was taken the day of the USA-Italy game at Kaiserlauten, Germany. What an exciting day.

I didn't have tickets but offered one ticket scalper over $700 for 2 tickets but fortunately he turned me down. I can't believe I did that but I guess I got wrapped up in the excitement of the day.

June 11, 2010, it begins again!