Saturday, May 9, 2009

Give Her a Big Hug



(click to enlarge view)

Isn't that a wonderful expression of love and remembrance! Wow!

I'm back. In Minnesota and on the blog. Big, big day tomorrow - Mother's Day.

A little sad though. My mom is not around anymore. She left us awhile back, leaving an empty hole in all our hearts. That empty feeling will never go away but she's not gone, certainly not forgotten. She lives on in our memories. I still think of her often.

Like all of us, I could say "I remember ......" and go on and on. I'm not going to do that but I do have my favorite photo, plus others to share with you.

First the photo. One of my oldest memories is when I was very little and also very short. My mom was only 5' 2" tall and I remember to just loving to wrap my arms around her and put my head against her tummy and squeeze, squeeze, squeeze. That must have happened around Dahlen time, in the early 50's.

For some reason I stopped hugging. I realized that was silly and decided to go back to the old ways and begin my favorite hug again. This is what it looked like:


(click on the photo to see some photos)

Of course I couldn't squeeze quite so much but it was wonderful.

I have a request for the rest of you - if you can, give your mother a big hug, today, tomorrow, and every day you can, take a picture of it and post it on your refrigerator! Remind yourself of that wonderful person that would do anything for you, no questions asked. That's how I remember my mom and I'm sure its the same for you.

4 comments:

paige said...

great post!!! thank you!

cassie said...

That's such a great picture and I love Maddie's poem :)

Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed this one.

Cheers, Keep it up
___________________
Rozydesouza
Apply now Nation wide cash

Unknown said...

Sounds like this is your new class Dad!
--
Jenifer
Best Affordable Security Systems Suitable for Renters and Apartments, Business and RV